The education and research guidance at the Graduate School of Advanced Mathematical Sciences will be further evolved based on the achievement of the MIMS Ph. D. Program.
In the doctoral program curriculum, Project Study of Proposal Style of Mathematical Sciences I & II will be available in which students will choose research projects to plan and manage by themselves with the support and supervision of MIMS fellows. Moreover, “Project Based Analysis and Research Cluster” and “Inter-Departmental Course” at the Graduate School of Meiji University can be chosen as optional subjects for this course.
In the “Project Based Analysis and Research Cluster”, four subjects – Advanced Study of Mathematical Sciences A&B, and Advanced Mathematical Sciences C&D – are provided, which are coordinated by MIMS fellows and research fellows. These subjects are taught in both English and Japanese together with the latest topics of mathematical sciences. The Inter-Departmental Course offer a number of “Multilingual Graduate Research”, such as “Fundamentals of Communication and Seminar Skills in English” and “Fundamentals of Academic Writing Techniques in English”. These subjects, which are taught by native English speaking professors specializing in academic English teaching, are aimed to cultivate highly skilled researchers who will be active worldwide.
Moreover, as an optional curriculum, students are encouraged to study at the graduate school of partner universities (Hiroshima University, Ryukoku University, Shizuoka University) where the credit transfer system and research guidance consignment agreements are available.
|Type of Degree||Doctor of Mathematical Sciences|
- Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering (Computational Science, Nano/Micro Science, etc.)
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences (Astronomy, Plasma Science, etc.)
|Major||Mathematical Modeling, Analysis and Simulation|
|Entry Date||April, 2017|
4-21-1 Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo 164-8525, Japan
|Area||Kanto Region (Tokyo, etc.)|
|Postgraduate Program Started||April 2011|
|No. of Students|
|No. of Full and Part-Time Faculty Members|
|Tuition Fees||1,052,500 yen (for 2017 Admission)|
|Additional Information||Global COE Program Research Fellowships will be available to certain number of students who have enrolled in the graduate school, excluding those who are offered the JSPS Research Fellowship and/or other fellowships. (Eligible students will be decided in February.)|
|Contact||Graduate School of Advanced Mathematical Sciences
|Application Type||Open to everyone|
|Eligibility||One must hold nationality other than Japan and must have completed primary and secondary education abroad. In addition, one must meet one of the categories mentioned below.
(1) Having graduated from a university with a Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent), and have been awarded a Master's Degree (or Professional Degree) or will be awarded this by March31, 2017 from a foreign university.
(2) Having graduated from a university with a Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent), and have been awarded a Master's Degree (or Professional Degree) or will be awarded this by March31, 2017 as an international student from a Graduate School in Japan.
(3) One is over the age of 24 as of March 31, 2017, and has been approved through this Graduate School's evaluation of application qualifications as having academic credentials equivalent to or superior to that of a Master's Degree (or Professional Degree).
Please refer to the following site.
|Application Period||1) June 21 to July 2, 2016
2) December 2 to December 15, 2016
|Examination Type & Date||Document Screening|
|Presence in Japan Required for Screening Process||No|
|Admission Fee||15,000 yen|
As of October 6, 2016
University and program information, costs, dates, policies are subject to change; please confirm important facts with university admission personnel.