Survey: International Students on Studying Abroad in Japan
How did international students currently studying at Japanese universities first become interested in Japan? Which aspects were crucial to choosing their destination? How do they feel and what are their impressions after having studied abroad?
In order to answer these questions, Arc Communications Inc. has conducted a survey targeting past, current and prospective study abroad students in Japan.
We hope the results will be useful for students considering studying in Japan and for university personnel focused on international or English-taught programs.
We sincerely thank all the international student organizations and associations around Japan and the international student centers of each university who have helped us to carry out this survey. We would also like to thank the international students who took the time to complete this survey.
Results - Part I: Before Studying Abroad, the Appeal of Japanese Universities
- (1) Prior to studying abroad, were you aware of the existence at Japanese universities of degree programs entirely taught in English?
- (2) What made you consider studying in Japan?
- (3) When did you start considering studying in Japan?
- (4) Please write about the process for studying abroad in Japan from the time you first became interested in the idea until you actually decided on your destination
- (5) Please write about what appealed to you about studying abroad in Japan
Results - Part II: Finding a Bachelor's Degree in Japan
- (6) If you have studied or are currently studying abroad in Japan, what was the greatest difficulty you encountered throughout the research process? If you are still a prospective student, what is the greatest difficulty you are currently contending with?
- (7) Which of the following resources did you use during your research?
- (8) Which of the following factors most helped you in choosing the university you ultimately decided to enroll in?
- (9) What did you find most difficult throughout the research process?
University and program information, costs, dates, policies are subject to change; please confirm important facts with university admission personnel.