|Type of Degree||Doctor of Philosophy in International Culture and Communication Studies|
- Humanities (History, Linguistics, etc.)
- Social Sciences (Business, Economics, Law, etc.)
|Major||International Culture and Communication Studies|
|Entry Date||Spring Semester: April 1, 2016
Fall Semester: September 21, 2016
|Location||1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8050, JAPAN|
|Area||Kanto Region (Tokyo, etc.)|
|Postgraduate Program Started||April, 2015|
|No. of Students||16|
|No. of Full and Part-Time Faculty Members||57|
|Tuition Fees||2016 Academic year
April Entry: 832,000 yen
September Entry: 833,500 yen
|Additional Information||As regards future career paths, we anticipate that many of those completing the master’s program at the new school will go on to engage in cutting-edge research combining theoretical innovations and empirical precision.
At the same time, We believe that many others will become invaluable human resources capable of working beyond borders for the international community, and thus enter a wide range of multinational corporations such as finance, media, trading and IT, and international organization such as NGOs and NPOs, as well as the various bodies belonging to the United Nations.
|Contact||Addressee: Graduate School of International Culture and Communication Studies, Waseda University
|Application Type||Open to everyone|
|Eligibility||Applicants must fulfill one of the following requirements.
1. Holders of a Master's Degree, Professional Master's Degree, or Professional Doctoral Degree in Law or those who are scheduled to receive such a degree by the entrance period in which applicants wish to matriculate.
2. Holders of a Master's Degree, Professional Master's Degree, or an equivalent from an institution overseas or those who are scheduled to receive such a degree by the entrance period in which applicants wish to matriculate.
3. Those who have completed postgraduate programs and received a degree equivalent to a Master's Degree from the United Nations University or those who are scheduled to receive such a degree by the entrance period in which applicants wish to matriculate.
4. Those who have been recognized by GSSICS as possessing academic credentials equivalent or superior to those of holders of a Master's Degree, Professional Master's Degree, or Professional Doctoral Degree in Law through an individual entrance requirements screening process and are scheduled to reach 24 years of age by the entrance period in which applicants wish to matriculate.
※Prospective applicants, who are unsure if they can fulfill the requirements mentioned in items No.4 above, must confirm their eligibility with GSICCS [Tel: +81-3-3208-0467, E-mail: email@example.com] prior to application.
|Application Period||2016 Academic year
April Entry (Overseas Application): October 1, 2015 to October 8, 2015
(Domestic Application): January 7, 2016 to January 14, 2016
September Entry (Overseas and Domestic Application): April 4, 2016 to April 11, 2016
|Examination Type & Date||The decision whether to accept or reject will be based on the results of evaluation of all the required documents submitted.
For some applicants, telephone or E-mail interviews will be required. Candidates will be contacted individually by the GSICCS Admissions Office
|Presence in Japan Required for Screening Process||No|
|Admission Fee||Overseas applicants: 5,000 yen
Domestic applicants: 30,000 yen
As of November 17, 2015
University and program information, costs, dates, policies are subject to change; please confirm important facts with university admission personnel.