The Political Science Course uses five research areas as its foundation to enable students to study political science in a specialized and focused, yet comprehensive, manner.
Naturally, each student learns about those areas which directly impact his or her research focus, but in addition, students also learn about those areas which do not impact their research directly. This allows students to undertake interdisciplinary research from a multifaceted perspective.
The Global Political Economy Course has been jointly established in the Graduate School of Political Science and the Graduate School of Economics and is overseen by both. Its aim is to foster the unique development of Global Political Economy as a new area of study and learning. The basic and core classes of this course have been jointly established by both graduate schools, and research supervision and seminars are also jointly undertaken by both.
|Type of Degree||Master of Arts|
|Subject||- Social Sciences (Business, Economics, Law, etc.)|
Global Political Economy
|Entry Date||September 21, 2016|
|Location||1-6-1 Nishiwaseda Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8050|
|Area||Kanto Region (Tokyo, etc.)|
|Postgraduate Program Started||September, 2010|
|No. of Students||297|
|No. of Full and Part-Time Faculty Members||216|
|Tuition Fees||877,500 yen|
|Contact||Addressee: Waseda University, Graduate School of Political Science
Location: 1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjuku, Tokyo 169-0051
<Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm (Japan time)>
|Admission Capacity||Approximately 10 students|
|Application Type||Open to everyone|
|Eligibility||Applications can only be accepted from among the following:
1. Those who have graduated or are scheduled to graduate from a university by September 20, 2016.
2. Those who have received a Bachelor's Degree from the National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation or are scheduled to receive such a degree by September 20, 2016.
3. Those who have completed 16 years of standard school education overseas or are scheduled to complete such education by September 20, 2016.
4. Those covered by guidelines set out by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
5. Applicants who have completed or who are expected to complete 15 years of education in countries other than Japan by September 20, 2016 and are recognized by the Graduate School of Political Science as having completed all requirements and demonstrating excellent academic performance.
|Application Period||February 26 - March 9, 2016|
|Examination Type & Date||<First screening>
Screening method: Document screening
Announcement of successful candidates: April 15, 2016 (3:00 P.M.)
Screening method: Oral examination
Dates: May 6, May 7, May 13, May 14, 2016
Announcement of successful candidates: May 27, 2016 (10:00 A.M.)
|Presence in Japan Required for Screening Process||No
You could take oral examination in overseas office
|Admission Fee||5,000 yen
- In some cases, applicants residing outside of Japan may be asked to provide documentary proof
- The request to change the application qualification (domestic or overseas) after the application
fee is paid cannot be accepted.
As of November 11, 2015
University and program information, costs, dates, policies are subject to change; please confirm important facts with university admission personnel.