International Graduate School of Infrastructure (IGSI), Department of Infrastructure and Urban Society
This specialization aims at training human resources who can primarily play an active part in the Civil Engineering field for resolution of problems in the cities of emerging and developing countries. We provide practical education with an emphasis on studio education. Also, in this specialization, all the lectures and studio education and master’s thesis guidance is carried out in English. This is because the specialization is not intended only for Japanese people, and is also developed for education of international students including Master’s Program students from the government-sponsored foreign student special program of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
|Type of Degree||Master of Engineering|
|Subject||- Engineering (Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, etc.)|
|Major||International Graduate School of Infrastructure (IGSI)|
|Entry Date||April 4, 2016
October 3, 2016
|Location||79-5, Tokiwadai, Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama, 240-8501, Japan|
|Area||Kanto Region (Tokyo, etc.)|
|Postgraduate Program Started||2011|
|No. of Students||16|
|No. of Full and Part-Time Faculty Members||17|
|Tuition Fees||817,800 yen- (Entrance Fee & Tuition Fee)|
Use fax or mail. No e-mail, please!
|Application Type||Open to everyone|
|Eligibility||(1) You are a university graduate pursuant to Article 83 of the School Education Act, or expect to have graduated by March 31, 2016*.
(2) You hold a Bachelor's degree as set forth under Article 104(4) of the School Education Act, or expect to have earned such a degree by March 31, 2016*.
(3) You have completed a 16-year program of formal education overseas, or expect to have done so by March 31, 2016*.
(4) In Japan, you have completed a 16-year curriculum of overseas formal education through a correspondence course operated by an overseas school, or expect to have done so by March 31, 2016*.
(5) In Japan, you have completed a program of an overseas university that is an accredited institution in that country's formal education system (you must have completed a 16-year formal education curriculum of the overseas school), and is designated separately by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology ("Minister of MEXT"), or you expect to have done so by March 31, 2016*.
(6) You have completed a specialized program of a vocational school (completion of which must require least 4 years, and must satisfy additional requirements defined by the Minister of MEXT) designated separately by the Minister of MEXT, on or after a date stipulated by the Minister.
(7) You have been designated as eligible by the Minister of MEXT (Ministry of Education, Science and Culture Proclamation No. 5, February 7, 1953)
(8) You have been recognized as demonstrating academic proficiency of no less than university graduate equivalency through individual assessment by the Graduate School of Urban Innovation, and are at least 22 years of age as of March 31, 2016*.
|Application Period||The application schedule can be found on the IUI website.|
|Examination Type & Date||Written Exam, Interview|
|Presence in Japan Required for Screening Process||Yes.
The application guidelines can be found on the IUI website.
|Admission Fee||30,000 yen-|
As of October 15, 2015
University and program information, costs, dates, policies are subject to change; please confirm important facts with university admission personnel.