|Undergraduate program||September for Fall, January for Spring, and May for Summer. TUJ operates three semesters per year.|
• TUJ offers the unique opportunity to receive an American university education in Tokyo. Japan is among the world’s most influential economies and is a gateway to Asia. TUJ students study towards their college degree in English while immersing themselves in the culture, language and history of Japan outside the classroom.
• Small classes of about 20 students each encourage student participation and allow faculty to provide individualized attention. Internships and independent research provide plenty of hands-on experience.
• Students from around the world come to TUJ for its unique mix of academic rigor, central Tokyo location and Japanese cultural immersion. Approximately 50 nationalities are represented in the student body.
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender and Group Studies
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
- Japanese Language and Literature/Letters
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Social Sciences (Economics, Political Science, etc.)
- Visual and Performing Arts
|Type of Degree||Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science|
|Major||Art, Asian Studies, Communication Studies, Economics, General Studies, International Affairs, International Business Studies, Japanese Language, Political Science, Psychological Studies; 2+2 Program - Computer Science|
|Classes Commence||September for Fall, January for Spring, and May for Summer. TUJ operates three semesters per year.|
|Entrance Fee||Matriculation fee: 426,900 yen|
|Tuition Fees||Full-time tuition per semester: 774,300 yen
TUJ operates three semesters per year.
|Other Expenses||Other expenses per semester (excluding housing cost): 30,100 yen
TUJ operates three semesters per year.
|Location||[Azabu Hall] 2-8-12 Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo
[Mita Hall] 4-1-27 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo
|Area||Kanto Region (Tokyo, etc.)|
|No. of Students||1,000 (as of Spring 2016)|
|No. of Full and Part-Time Faculty Members||80 (as of Fall 2015)|
|Additional Information||Students graduate from TUJ with the linguistic, analytical and communication skills necessary to succeed in the global marketplace. Over 4,000 TUJ students have gone on to careers with many of the world's leading corporations, non-profits and governments, as well as to start their own businesses. The Career Development Office is available to assist students with internships and career counseling throughout their time at TUJ and beyond.|
|Application Type||Open to everyone|
|Application Period||TUJ's rolling-admissions procedures allow students to apply year-round.|
|Results Announced||Prospective students typically receive an admission decision in two to four weeks.|
|Enrollment Procedure Period||Admission fee payment of 36,000 yen made within 1 month of acceptance.|
|Eligibility||The following qualifications represent the minimum criteria for admission.
A. Completion of high school (secondary school) or equivalent
B. Minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA): 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (for applicants seeking a student visa through TUJ)
C. Standardized test score requirement: For native English speakers? SAT or ACT score / For non-native English speakers? TOEFL score (PBT 525 / iBT 71), IELTS score (6.0) or PTE score (50)
Please see website for full details: www.tuj.ac.jp/newsite/main/undergrad/admissions/procedures/qualifications.html
|Application Process||Submit following items by the deadline.
1. Admission application form (paper or online)
2. Typed, personal statement in English
3. Official standardized test results
4. Official high school and college transcripts in English
5. Copy of certificate of graduation or high school diploma
6. Non-refundable application fee of 10,300 yen
|Screening Process||Examination of the submitted documents|
|Admission Fee||Application fee: 10,300 yen
Admission fee: 36,000 yen
|Contact||Admissions Counseling Office
2-8-12 Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047 Japan
Toll free: 0120-86-1026 (within Japan)
As of July 29, 2016
University and program information, costs, dates, policies are subject to change; please confirm important facts with university admission personnel.